How to get/modify a complete army (without re-inventing the wheel)

General section to talk about other things.
Onlurker

How to get/modify a complete army (without re-inventing the wheel)

Postby Onlurker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:50 am

Hey Guys! New User here- I found sets of basic armies I can use (some really well done ones) but I haven't found anything that's complete/exhaustive so I want to import/adopt a set & then modify it (vs recreating everything from the ground up, aka insanity). How is this done?
Onlurker

Re: How to get/modify a complete army (without re-inventing the wheel)

Postby Onlurker » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:01 am

Ok, I found it, but 2 suggestions:

1. A repository of complete armies, per faction
2. CODING in the army names, like something as follows:
[GAME] [ARMY] [TOKENS/EXTRA]

i.e.
[T9A] [SA] [+spells, tokens] would be titled: T9A SA (spells, token)

As of now, I haven't seen any armies that actually INCLUDE all units (although I'm sure they're out there- and if not they're definitely capable of being so), and if they ARE out there, nobody's EVER going to find them with the way things are currently set up. The thing is, there should be templates with all units in an army, because it's tedious to expect people all do the same work (or really any work- these are digital files, we're not forced to cast & repaint models, lol)

If people could get free subscriptions for doing work/contributing, etc- might be a good idea to quickly boost development. I think getting this accessible to all users would be favorable to it's acceleration & acceptance as a leading virtual TT wargaming platform. The hobby is demanding enough as it is, without people having to patch together (or re-create) armies, right? It's 2019, there's not really any reason why this shouldn't be possible, imho <3

At any rate, props out to Lorenzo/the Makers & contributors of this program & it's contents- leeggitt! :idea:

Return to “General”